USTA Dallas 2016 Lone Star Tournament
- July 17, 2016 Tournament : Lone Star 2016 Schedule
Location Canyon Creek Country Club, 625 Lookout Drive, Richardson, Texas 75080 972-231-2881
The Rules for Lone Star:
- May not have played USTA league tennis previously. A player may participate in Lone Star for only one year.
- Tournament for women with a NTRP rating of 2.5 and below
- Easy to form teams – 3 doubles per team (6 player minimum)
- Players must be 18 (before December 31, 2016) or older
- Must be a USTA Member. USTA Membership Join/Renewal
- Team registration on TennisLink ($3 registration fee per player).
- $75 incentive per team to the pro organizing the team
- Tournament will not be rescheduled if cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Sunday, July 17, 2016 – Tournament at Canyon Creek.
- AUGUST 12-14, 2016 – LOCAL WINNER WILL ADVANCE TO ADULT SECTIONALS IN DALLAS, TEXAS
What is Lone Star tennis?
- Lone Star Tennis is a USTA program where beginner teams compete in a local half-day tournament event, with winners advancing to state sectional competition.
- A team is made up of 6 to 12 players. Teams compete by playing 3 lines of doubles (no singles). Each doubles line is an 8-game pro set, no ad scoring.
- The team that wins the Lone Star tournament earns a trip to Lone Star sectionals where they will play with other teams from around Texas in a weekend of great fun, great tennis, and great prizes.