November 18-20, 2016
Registration OPEN – ALL LEVELS Men’s and Women’s
- Tri-Level Results on TennisLink
- Locations: Brookhaven Country Club and Canyon Creek Country Club
- 4.0, 3.5 & 3.0
- 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5
- 3 lines of doubles (one each level)
- Men and Women separate
- The DTA will limit registration to the first 8 teams per level. A wait list will then be started. Wait listed teams will be added to tournament schedule at 4 team increments. TEAM NUMBERS WILL BE ASSIGNED 1st COME, 1st SERVE.
- Cost: $33.00/player. Non-refundable/transferrable unless level DOES NOT make. Player must be a USTA member. Visit http://tennislink.usta.com/leagues (no www) or call USTA @ 1-800-990-8782.
- Player Registration opened August 22, 2016.
- Minimum Team Rosters (6 players) due: on TENNIS LINK Friday, 10/28/2016 by 11:59 pm to be included on schedule
- Player Registration Closes Sunday, 11/6/2016 at 11:59pm, NO EXCEPTIONS
- Tournament schedule to publish on Friday, 11/11/2016.
- IMPORTANT: In an effort to maintain 8 teams per level for weekend tournament play, any team that does not meet the 6 player minimum on Friday, 10/28/2016 at 11:59pm will be replaced with a waitlisted team automatically. Team withdrawals after meeting the Friday, 10/28/2016 roster deadline will be treated as a Team Default and the 2016 USTA Dallas Rules and Regulations, rule #10A Forfeits/Team Defaults and the Texas Section Guideline as noted on the 2017 Captain’s Responsibilities imposed.
- Age: Must be 18 years or older by December 31, 2016.
- Guidelines: 3 lines of doubles (one each level). Must play at least a 2 team league locally to advance to Sectionals. Players must have played one match during round robin to be eligible to advance to tournament Championship and/or Sectionals. NO SELF-RATES ALLOWED for the 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5 level. 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5 is the only level that advances to Nationals. 2015 Year End Ratings. Players may only play on one (1) team.
TRI LEVEL is not a national program so the move up/split up does not apply.
- Sectionals: February 2017, Location TBD.
- Nationals (4.5, 4.0 and 3.5 only): Date and Location TBD.
- Email Sherri Rejebian at email@example.com to request a team number.
2016 USTA Dallas Rules and Regulations: FORFEITS/Team Defaults:
10A. Forfeits start from the lowest singles or doubles lines. A team must play the majority of lines each team match or that match shall be considered a “team default”. If a “team default” occurs for any reason during round robin play, the defaulting team will (1) default all remaining matches in the round robin, (2) not be eligible for the same Local League Championship for that season, and (3) all team members of the defaulting team must split up in the following season with no more than 4 members of the defaulting team on any one team in the following season. At the conclusion of the season, if all teams in contention for championship play have already played the defaulting team in good faith, the matches stand as played; otherwise all matches of the defaulting team shall be null and void.
2017 Captain’s Responsibilities:
CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY is a privilege for advancing teams. Having earned a spot through competitive play over the course of the regular season, the DTA expects that teams will be fielding the full number lines throughout any Championship Event scheduled. This applies even if matches are rescheduled due to inclement weather conditions.
Captains are responsible for communicating Championship Event expectations to players.
NOTE: Effective 2007 from the Texas Section – “To encourage play, the following action will be taken when a team scheduled for the sectional tournament pulls out within 14 days of the tournament or leaves a Sectional Championship, causing a full team forfeit before competing all scheduled matches, ALL players on that forfeiting team can play in their local league the following year but CANNOT advance to ANY Texas Sectional Championship in that following year. The league coordinator for the city or area in whose league the team played will be notified of the year suspension for ALL players on the team. The players through their league coordinator may appeal their suspension within 14 days of notification to the Sectional Appeals Committee who may grant relief under extenuating circumstances.”