Get ready to play! League starts March 24th.
General League Information
- Sectionals – November 3-5, 2017 in New Braunfels, Texas
- 2017 65+ ADULT League Information (pdf)
- League will begin play Friday, March 24, 2017
- No League on Friday, April 14, 2017 Holiday, Easter Weekend
- Schedules Published on TennisLink at 2017 DTA 65 & over ADULT Friday
- 3 Doubles
- No more than 1.0 ratings difference between individual doubles teams.
- This is not a national program so the Move Up/Split Up Rule does not apply.
- A player must play 2 times (1 default allowed) during the local league to be eligible to play at Sectionals.
- Player registration through TENNIS LINK at tennislink.usta.com/leagues. Click “Register for a team”, enter your USTA number and the team number. Follow the prompts. Once completed registration you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
- League fess are NON-TRANSFERRABLE/REFUNDABLE unless an entire level DOES NOT make.
Matches are to be played using the best of two sets criteria, conventional scoring, with a Coman set tiebreak (the first to 7 by 2) at 6 games all and a Coman match Tiebreak (the first to 10 by 2) in the event of split sets.
As per the 2016 USTA Dallas Rules and Regulations:
9B. Scoring for all DTA/USTA matches will be as follows:
One point for each TEAM MATCH (consists of all individual matches) won.
9C. In the event of a tie, the following NATIONAL/ SECTIONAL guidelines prevail:
9C(1) Individual Matches. Winner of the most individual matches the entire competition.
9C(2) Head-to- head. Winner of head-to-head match.
9C(3) Sets. Loser of the fewest number of sets
9C(4) Games. Loser of the fewest number of games.
9C(5) A method to be determined by the League Coordinator
Blank scorecards are available through Tennis Link. Visit tennislink.usta.com/leagues. Click on “Record A Score” located under My Quick Links on the right. Enter your match number. Scroll to the bottom and click on “Print Blank Scorecard”.
GREAT NOTE! Scorecards printed off Tennis Link for matches will include both teams’ most up-to-date rosters. Captains can verify players prior to match time.
Both captains are responsible for Score Entry on Tennis Link League at http://tennislink.usta.com/leagues within 12 hours of a completed match. For disputed Score Entry or Score Entry problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change/Edit to Scorecard:
When requesting a change, or edit to a scorecard, please email Local League Coordinator at email@example.com and copy the opposing captain with the following information: (1) Match # and (2) Detailed Description of requested change/edit. Both captains must agree to the requested change/edit prior to TENNIS LINK being updated.
Make Up Matches due to Rain/Championship Advancement/Extreme Weather:
Please refer to 2016 USTA Dallas League Rules & Regulations, #8 MAKE UP MATCHES (Due to Rain/Championship Advancement/Extreme Weather) available on the DTA website at dta.org. 2017 USTA Dallas Rules and Regulations (view pdf)
Last Day to Add Players:
NOTE – A player MUST play 2 times during the local league to qualify to advance to championship play (i.e. Qualifying Tournament, City Championship, Sectionals). 1 Default may be counted towards their 2-local league matches during the regular season.
(*) If a team has a BYE week at the end of the local league season, captains will need to adjust the date listed above for players to have opportunity to play in 2 local matches during team’s regular season.