The DTA was founded in the 1930’s as the Dallas Patrons Association. The name was changed in the mid-1960’s when it began its partnership with Dallas Parks and Recreation. Its focus then changed from a little tennis to a lot of tennis and then education. It has evolved into an organization that doesn’t just provide leagues, junior team tennis, and tournaments but to an organization that provides tennis and life skills to the under-resourced youth of the Dallas Metropolitan community.
So, for more than 30 years, the DTA has developed, managed, and operated programs that serve these children (including, but not limited to, at-risk, hearing impaired, children with disabilities, and many multi-cultural populations).
For more information or to make a contribution, contact us at:
Dallas Tennis Association
14679 Midway Road, Suite 104
Addison, TX 75001
Telephone 972-387-1538 Fax 972-763-0781