The Dallas Tennis Association (DTA) is a 501(c)3 that manages United States Tennis Association (USTA) leagues and tournaments and provides tennis, education and life skills to the under-resourced youth in the Dallas community. For more than 30 years, the DTA has developed, maintained and operated charitable programs that serve diverse communities of children, including, but not limited to, at-risk, financially disadvantaged children and those with disabilities. Our programs attract diverse families from all over the city, and through free programs and scholarships, we make sure our programs are available to children no matter their socioeconomic level.
We reach approximately 25,000 Dallas children each year through the Dallas Tennis and Education Academy, the philanthropic arm of the Dallas Tennis Association and the Dallas Chapter of the USTA National Junior Tennis and Learning (NJTL) program. We provide children with tutoring, tennis instruction, life skills training and tennis equipment. Our numerous programs provide healthy lifestyles through tennis activities, while teaching valuable life lessons to our children.
FREE or LOW COST YOUTH PROGRAMS | Learn more
- School Programs include: tennis training, educational and literacy tutoring, life skills development and cultural awareness. Our programs are offered on campus , after school, hearing impaired, wheelchair, and multicultural.
- Weekend and Evening Tennis Instruction and Education Programs for beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
- All programs include the National Junior Tennis and Learning curriculum, accredited by the USTA Foundation, which is called ACE (Academic, Creative, Engagement).
PROVEN RESULTS | Learn more
- 100% of student program participants who complete the programs have graduated from high school.
- 100% attend college and many complete post-graduate education.
- 98% receive academic and tennis scholarships.
SUMMER PROGRAMS | Learn more
- National Junior Tennis & Learning (including ACE) at over 60 sites
- Scottish Rite Hospital Summer Camps
- Numerous group play days including Rockin’ Rally, Arthur Ashe Kids Day, Chase Return the Serve, Mayor’s fitness initiative, and end-of-season tournaments/championships